Types of Cockroaches you can find in Cape Town
Are you experiencing cockroach infestations at your home or business? This situation requires a solution that eliminates cockroaches from your home and prevents them from returning. Pest Managers have a variety of methods available for controlling the spread of cockroaches. Pest Managers can assist with all types of cockroach fumigations and control in Cape Town.
This page can help you identify the cockroach infestation you have.
We have a solution to all types of cockroach infestations.
What are the signs that you have Cockroaches
THE MAIN SIGNS OF A COCKROACH INFESTATION ARE:
- Upon entering a dark room and turning on the light, you will often be able to see roaches. It is common for roaches that are in the open and feeding to scatter into the shadows or under cabinets and appliances at speeds approaching three miles per hour. It is highly likely that you have a serious infestation of these nocturnal insects if you find them during the day, as roaches dislike bright lights and sunlight.
- A dead roach is found in a cabinet corner or under a small appliance. If you see the husk of a molted or dead roach, then you have several generations of roaches.
- You discover roach feces – small roach species leave behind fecal matter that resembles grains of ground coffee or black pepper. There is a high chance that these droppings will be concentrated near a source of food or drink. Therefore, it is critical to concentrate your eradication efforts in these areas.
- An egg case is recognizable by its long, rounded shape that appears segmented into dozens of compartments. It is common to find egg cases in pantry areas, behind furniture, in wall cracks, under moldings, and even inside books. Lift the kettle or check the hinges of the cupboards for signs.
- The cockroach infestation generates a musty or oily odor as it grows. The mixture consists of exoskeleton molts, dead roaches, their pheromones, and their excrement. In some cases, the odor can be so strong that it may affect the taste of food.
How can I Control Cockroach Infestations?
By restricting cockroaches’ access to food and water, you can prevent the cockroach population from expanding. Nevertheless, cockroaches are known to be survivors – they can survive without food or water for up to a month.
Here are some tips for limiting their interest in your home or business:
- Dishes, silverware, and utensils must be rinsed off or immediately cleaned
- Once you have rinsed off the food, clean and dry the sink
- Don’t leave food unattended, including fruit
- Airtight containers should be used to store all food
- After each meal, wipe your countertops clean of food and crumbs.
- Ensure that all items placed into recycling bins have been rinsed
- Immediately clean up any spills
- A daily vacuuming or mopping of your kitchen is recommended
- At the end of each day, empty pet dishes and wipe them down
- Ensure that trash cans are emptied every evening
- Keep all appliances clean by removing food debris, grease, and spills
- Make sure the plumbing is not leaking
- Make sure that sinks and bathtubs are kept dry unless they are in use
- Be certain toothbrushes are covered
- It is advisable to hang wet towels up
How can I get rid of Cockroaches?
Infestations of cockroaches are difficult to get rid of since they reproduce rapidly and carry out most of their activities while you are sleeping. An infestation of cockroaches requires a great deal of effort, but with persistence and proper sanitation, these pests can be eliminated from a home or business.
- As you look for signs of roaches in your home or business, keep a vacuum cleaner ready to remove any insects that you find. Since roaches are fast movers, it is recommended that you keep the device powered on and, in your hand, whenever you move furniture, open cabinets, or uncover suspected hiding places. It is possible to significantly reduce the population by using this simple method. Empty the vacuum outside and put the contents into a sealable plastic bag as soon as possible.
- Glue traps can be used to capture both adult cockroaches and nymphs as they travel along their typical routes each night. Just collect them when full and dispose of them in a sealed plastic bag. These bait stations are effective at attracting and killing roaches and silverfish.
- Cockroach Gel – In lighter infestations or infestations where prevention is needed cockroach gel can be an extremely helpful approach to maintain control.
- Cockroach Sprays can be applied to the infestation area. It is recommended that you spray places where cockroaches hide to eliminate them. Despite its non-staining nature, this product remains an effective cockroach killer for indoors and outdoors. The spray should be applied to cracks, crevices, and other areas where cockroaches tend to gather each day.
- Using food-grade diatomaceous earth, lightly spread the dust on dry surfaces inside your home, including areas where your infestation is most prevalent. It is recommended that you apply it along baseboards and behind large appliances. Their exoskeletons are ground down and dehydrated by this powder.
- Remember to use these methods in areas where you have seen cockroaches (such as fecal specks) and where you have observed them dash after turning on the light.
- Contact Pest Managers if your other efforts have failed or the infestation is too severe. Professional exterminators often have the skills and arsenal to manage difficult infestations.
How can I stop cockroaches form entering my home?
Cockroaches can enter a home in a variety of ways. Water pipes or utility conduits can serve as entry points for these insects. Cracks in doors, open windows, damaged window screens, or gaps in your structure can serve as entry points for these insects. They may have been picked up from a store, school, or workplace.
Considering that there are so many potential entry points into your home, you must create a protective barrier to keep them out.
The following suggestions may be helpful:
- Look for cracks or gaps around the exterior of your home and seal them. Seal any cracks you discover using non-organic caulk. It is important to keep in mind that cockroaches can squeeze through small spaces, so seal all openings.
- Ensure that utility access holes are sealed. Most utility services – electricity, water, phone, cable, gas – send wire, or pipe into your home. As a result of this access, a hole is created to run the utility. The holes were sealed with caulk or another material during the initial installation. Over time, these seals can deteriorate, so be sure to check them and reseal them, as necessary.
- Before you bring in food, furniture, or packages from the grocery store, make sure you inspect all these items for roaches (and other insects).
- Keep your home free of roaches by denying them shelter in the area surrounding your home. Firewood should be stored away from the house. Keep leaves away from outside walls. Remove mulch from the vicinity of the house.
- Ensure that your trash is placed away from your home and wrapped in plastic. You should always cover the trash can with its lid and throw it out if there are any holes in it.
- Protect your home from cockroaches by creating a perimeter around it with insecticide.
Why use Pest Managers Pest Control Services?
Pest Managers have years of experience in cockroach fumigation in Cape Town.
We do not enforce contracts.
Cockroach fumigation is a very specialized field. You can rest assured that by hiring our pest control services you will be rid of your infestation.
We apply the correct discretion when it comes to cockroach fumigation and with us you are our number one customer.
In summary, if you wish to rid yourself of cockroaches, call us today for cockroach fumigation in Cape Town.
What makes our Cockroach Fumigation methods better?
In addition to our vast knowledge base about cockroaches and how to get rid of them we have developed a special treatment method.
Because we have combined certain chemicals to bypass the sodium gateway of cockroaches, our Methods are far superior to those of other companies.
In conclusion our treatments act much faster and the residual action is much better.
Why do you need a Cockroach Fumigation?
In addition to cockroaches being very invasive in your daily life, they can multiply at an alarming rate. For instance, the German cockroach Ootheca (egg) contains up to forty hatchlings
It is advisable to contract an expert company like Pest Managers to eradicate such an infestation as it can be exceedingly difficult to contain once they start multiplying.